Secrets and Lies

Not everything in here is true, but it is based on real events.

Name:
Location: Southern California

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Needle in a Haystack

So yesterday some women that I know were over at my house, and they asked me to make a list of what I want in a man so they could start looking for me. It started as a pretty simple list: tall, clean cut, nice, etc. And then it morphed into a list of things that are or are not dealbreakers: no smoking, no conservatives, handy, Transformers can't be one of this favorite movies, etc. They joked that I have this list, and the next time they see me, I'll be with someone who is the exact opposite of all those things and be completely in love. Which isn't too far fetched, given my history. I fall into this odd gap of having really high standards, but not really adhering to them and letting men who are not even a little bit worthy trample me until I feel useless. Awesome. How's that for empowerment? Anyway, it was actually a funny discussion, and for some reason, I feel a little better knowing there are other people out there on the lookout for me to find men that don't suck. Not that this is possible in this town, but you never know. It's kind of a needle in the haystack situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home