Secrets and Lies

Not everything in here is true, but it is based on real events.

Name:
Location: Southern California

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday, September 19

I smell tuna. Seriously. So today I saw two movies, and both of them involved sheep and the western US. Strange coincidence. I was supposed to see another film, but I fell asleep this afternoon (I'm in Spain--siestas are expected!) and overslept. I'm kind of bummed about the whole thing, but I'll get over it. I've learned that Spain is the new UK; almost everyone here has bad teeth. I think it's from all the smoking. Another thing I forgot about. Even so, I really like this town. I could see myself living in a place like this. It's like Asheville with a beach. There's museums, movies, shopping, eating, drinking, surfing, history, the whole thing. Plus the festival, of course. It appears that cultural events are a regular occurrence here. I'm sure it gets hot in the summer, but at the moment it feels like fall. Chilly in the morning, warmer in the afternoon, then cool at night. And it seems like between 5 and 10, every family in town comes out for gelato and a walk. It's crazy. But I think it's kind of cool. Families hanging out together, chillaxing in the plaza instead of in front of the tv. It just seems like more fun. I finally got myself a gelato cone today, and it was awesome. That's definitely going to be a habit for the rest of the time I'm here.

Tomorrow I'm going to do the tapas thing, since I think I finally figured out how it works. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm definitely down with the wine prices only being a few cents higher than the water prices. I can deal with that. So today was a pretty quiet day, all in all. I have to get this sleeping thing down, but this afternoon was the first really good sleep I've had since I got here. I don't know why. But I did have a dream involving getting my phone confused with a vampire's phone, then something about a vampire style hit (yes, as in hit man) and the rest I can't remember. Anyway, I'm going to try to avoid the siesta tomorrow, especially since tomorrow is going to be a full day.

By the way, I'm not sure I mentioned it, but when I checked in, the lady said this room was very quiet. Does it keep out the street noise? Yes. However, anytime some lazy ass can't manage the stairs to the third floor, I hear them clanging around the elevator. Also, any time someone has a conversation in the hall or walks down the hall, it's like they're right outside my door. I guess on the upside, if they're talking about shooting things, it's all in Spanish so I'm not scared. You know what I mean.

Anyway, I think that's about it for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous the Stevester said...

ROFL talking about shooting things! Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Thank you for the daily updates. It sounds as if you are having fun. Plus, there's always early morning bowling. Yes, I bet the gelato is fantastic.

Look forward to hearing and seeing more.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home