Secrets and Lies

Not everything in here is true, but it is based on real events.

Name:
Location: Southern California

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Lines

The line used to be: "Give me your number. I'll call you." Over the years, I have learned that this means "You are an ugly girl and I don't want to sleep with you, so I'm trying to end this conversation and never speak to you again." So, I can plan accordingly and not expect anything at all. I know it's a line. I know it's a lie. I don't worry about it.

But it seems the lines have changed. The new line: "We'll talk tomorrow." I am learning that this translates to: "I am going to try not to talk to you until it's absolutely necessary because you are a serious downer and I don't like you or give a shit about you." This is becoming a habit with him. He'll say it and I assume it means he wants to talk to me the next day, but then he doesn't call. And I realize he never really meant it to begin with. Stupid me. He's now just that guy that gives me the brush off with a line that I will buy. Damn I feel stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home